free counters Traveller's Catalogue: Do-It-Yourself Honda Bay Tour!!!

Monday 23 May 2011

Do-It-Yourself Honda Bay Tour!!!

This is the first tour I've been very excited to blog about!!! I planned this tour last Friday (20th May), I talked to one of the trikes parked at NCCC mall and booked my transportation going to Sta.Lourdes Wharf.  So, for only P300.00 Kuya Erick will pick me up from BM Road on the 23rd and will pick us up in the afternoon of the same day. So, come Monday (which is this day I'm blogging this), we we're picked up @ exactly 8:00 AM and reached Sta. Lourdes wharf after less than 15minutes. Kuya Erick advised us to book our boat from the tourist counter.  
Ask for a form to be filled up by the passengers of the boat.

Booking counter.

Waiting area for booking passengers going to Honda Bay.

Firs, you go to the counter where most people are queing. Ask for the form to fill-up, then for one boat you have to pay P1,300.00. If you're with a group it will be less expensive since you will split the cost. There's only the 3 of us, but it's okay.  After that, I paid P50.00 each so, total of P150 for our entrance fee to Starfish Island.  Most Islands have fees ranging from P25.00 to P50.00 except for Snake Island which is FREE.
Our first stop was Starfish Island.... it was marvelous! The island was set up for your picture taking pleasure and our Kuya Dhoy who assists the boat captain was very willing to take our photos. He's good and  well trained I guess!  We lavished our first arrival on one of the Honda Bay Islands. There are cottages surrounding the island but we decided to have our lunch on our next Island.

Of course! The STARFISH Island!




My daughter running after me @ Starfish Is...

My mom and daughter walking gracefully...
That's me walking! oooops this picture should go with SNAKE Island's...
A storm building up... another photo for SNAKE Is....
A view of Starfish Island.

Our next stop was SNAKE ISLAND. In here, there's lots of stores to buy food stuff, be it snacks like "Halo-Halo" or even for your lunch!  So, I ordered for grilled fish (fresh fish grilled by Kuya Dhoy), @ P250.00 per Kilo and a cup of rice, you're lunch is done! So, if you forgot to pack lunch.... no need to worry, there's your friendly convenience in the island!













Last on our tour was ISLA PANDAN....

I think this was the most beautiful among the tree Islands we've been. I paid P50.00 for the entrance fee (x 3). Then, we didn't get a cottage because they're P400.00 per cottage. Since we just plan to have our last swim and then go have a shower, we didn't bother for a cottage. We went swimming straight!  If you're tired there's a bunch of staff for an hour of relaxation, you can have a massage just fronting the beach! Sorry, I didn't ask for the cost!
















Before we decided to end our Island Hopping, I took last photos as I noticed an  uncanny lighting or could be an unusual glare from the sun, and a bit of darkness from other parts of the island.  Maybe it's because of the storm building up.  So, I told my daughter I had to take a photo of this and there you go! A bright and amazing photo of Pandan Island!










1 comment:

  1. your post is very useful because we are scheduled to go there , i'm also hoping you have a DIY underground river tour, thanks and regards

    ReplyDelete

Blog Carnival Index - browse the archives