free counters Traveller's Catalogue: the Forgotten "saga" of my Childhood...

Sunday 27 February 2011

the Forgotten "saga" of my Childhood...

You might be wondering why I am telling about my childhood experiences, well in a few more words you'll understand what brought me into dreaming about this place "Palawan".  Of course being a Filipino I am well known of this place, yes, but not really if one hasn't been researching or if you've been living and spending all your life in Manila.  It started when my mom had a boyfriend, (my mom has never been married, just discovered about it when I was getting my first passport) and then was up to neck with debt.  That was a horrible experience we had (myself, elder sister and baby sister). We had to ride that ship, I can't remember the name, my first encounter with the ocean, flying fish and tailing sharks!!! Whoah! It was scary as I was only 9 going 10 that time.

Okay, to cut this long story short, we got to Puerto Princesa City in Palawan. Approaching the island was a wonderful, colorful experience for me! I instantly admire the place, clear, silky water and shiny white sand.... it was indeed a paradise island for someone so naive like me.  But, our life we're the worst of all!  We we're maltreated by my "lola Laleng"... but then, it was all in the past now and I had forgiven her for everything!  God has made all those things possible for a reason and it's starting to realize things now.  I had all my "first" in this island! First crush, first real exposure to school politics and among other things.

My elder sister and I truly loved this place that we promised to come back and that someday we will have a  property here together. It was a childish dream but it came to a reality! After 30 years.... huh!

The Underground River

El Nido
Palawan is among the cleanest city in the Philippines! Truly a richly preserved island! Palawan's bountiful resources, abundant wildlife and extra ordinary natural beauty are now known not only to the many ethnic communities that thrive in these islands but to the rest of the world who wanted to live in unpolluted surroundings.

Look at the beautiful places this island has to offer!


Subterranean River, Puerto Princesa City Palawan

A truly amazing place! A tranquil blue water reflecting a tranquil blue sky.... that is how I describe this lovely island "Palawan"... the forgotten saga of my childhood that has come to it's realization.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Carnival Index - browse the archives